Two LGBTI activists elected to Peoples Democratic Congress General Assembly
During the 7th Plenum of People’s Democratic Congress two LGBTI activists were elected to the General Assembly consisting of 121 members in total.
With the motto “We are organized for our future and resist for our freedom”, 7th People’s Democratic Congress' (HDK) Plenum was held in Ankara Plaza Hotel in November 13.
Onur Hamzaoğlu one of the suspended academicians from Kocaeli University and Gülistan Koçyiğit chosen in the previous general assembly were elected as HDK co-spokespersons.
During the meeting new General Assembly members were chosen as well. In the new general assembly consisting of 121 members in total two LGBTI activists, Remzi Altunpolat from Kaos GL and Yağmur Arıcan from Mersin 7 Renk LGBTI, will take in charge as HDK General Assembly members.
The Peoples' Democratic Congress (Turkish: Halkların Demokratik Kongresi, HDK) is a union of numerous left-wing political movements, organisations and parties in Turkey that aims to fundamentally recreate Turkish politics and represent oppressed, exploited individuals who face ethnic, religious or gender discrimination. The Congress is anti-capitalist and was formed on 15 October 2011. It organises numerous conferences and holds official congresses. In 2012, the Congress established a new party that would act as its political wing, the Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP).
- Istanbul Film Festival: Fault in the translation was not intentional but technical5 Nisan 2017
- Sexuality and Gender in Utopias15 Mart 2017
- Hope and Twilight of Academy was discussed in Feminist Forum11 Mart 2017
- 6th Feminist Forum begins: Its necessary to see womens pro-peace movement11 Mart 2017
- Program of 6th Feminist Forum announced10 Mart 2017
- Intersex Anatolia meets families in Istanbul2 Mart 2017
- Utopia in the Twilight of Hope: 6th Feminist Forum27 Şubat 2017
- LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident20 Şubat 2017
- Queer Theory course couldnt kick off!20 Şubat 2017
- Open Letter from the Womens Studies Students: No, we are not going!15 Şubat 2017