Operation against executives of Cumhuriyet newspaper
Police has raided the houses of Cumhuriyet newspaper chief editor Murat Sabuncu and several columnists claiming “Cumhuriyet sponsors PKK/KCK (Kurdistan Workers' Party/Kurdistan Communities Union), FETÖ/PYD (Fethullahist Terrorist Organization/Parallel State Organization)” at the same time!
Houses of Cumhuriyet newspaper’s chief editor Murat Sabuncu and columnists Güray Öz, Hikmet Çetinkaya, Akın Atalay, Orhan Erinç and Musa Kart were raided by police earlier this morning.
Warrant of arrest has been issued for 13 executive professionals of the newspsaper.
İstanbul Chief Prosecutor's office stated that "an investigation was launched on certain suspects [...] on grounds of claims and discoveries made that some executives of the Cumhuriyet Foundation had been sponsoring the PKK/KCK (Kurdistan Workers' Party/Kurdistan Communities Union), FETÖ/PYD (Fethullahist Terrorist Organization/Parallel State Organization) and they had been producing articles justifying the coup shortly before the coup attempt on July 15".
- Istanbul Film Festival: Fault in the translation was not intentional but technical5 Nisan 2017
- Sexuality and Gender in Utopias15 Mart 2017
- Hope and Twilight of Academy was discussed in Feminist Forum11 Mart 2017
- 6th Feminist Forum begins: Its necessary to see womens pro-peace movement11 Mart 2017
- Program of 6th Feminist Forum announced10 Mart 2017
- Intersex Anatolia meets families in Istanbul2 Mart 2017
- Utopia in the Twilight of Hope: 6th Feminist Forum27 Şubat 2017
- LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident20 Şubat 2017
- Queer Theory course couldnt kick off!20 Şubat 2017
- Open Letter from the Womens Studies Students: No, we are not going!15 Şubat 2017