Commission on the Status of Women completed its 60th session
The 60th session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women took place in New York.
Behalf of Kaos GL Association and Ka.Der Ankara Branch Office, Ezgi Koçak attended the session of Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) that took place in New York between the 14th and the 24th of March this year.
In CSW60 session, Commission published its Agreed Conclusions on the priority theme of “Women’s empowerment and its link to sustainable development”. Commission also reviewed the progress regarding CSW output on violence against women which was taken in consideration in 2013.
Ezgi Koçak, who followed the process behalf of Kaos GL Association and Ka.Der Ankara Branch Office also gave an interview to The Guardian.
In her interview, Koçak emphasized the requirement of gender centered implementation of UN Sustainable development goals, the importance of these goals as tools for global peace and spreading the voice of women within peace processes.
Translated by Ufukcan Mahanoğlu
- Sexuality and Gender in Utopias15 Mart 2017
- Hope and Twilight of Academy was discussed in Feminist Forum11 Mart 2017
- 6th Feminist Forum begins: Its necessary to see womens pro-peace movement11 Mart 2017
- Program of 6th Feminist Forum announced10 Mart 2017
- Intersex Anatolia meets families in Istanbul2 Mart 2017
- Utopia in the Twilight of Hope: 6th Feminist Forum27 Şubat 2017
- LGBTI activist Bulut Öncü lost their life in a traffic accident20 Şubat 2017
- Queer Theory course couldnt kick off!20 Şubat 2017
- Open Letter from the Womens Studies Students: No, we are not going!15 Şubat 2017
- Not only consultation but also empowerment!14 Şubat 2017